This Department is headed by Yolandie Borman.
Generally, Family law involves the following:
- The law of marriage;
- Permanent-life partnerships (i.e. where parties wish to reside together without concluding a marriage relationship);
- Children’s law;
- Divorce law;
- Maintenance law;
- Curatorships for incapacitated persons;
- The Children’s Act;
- The Matrimonial Property Act;
- The Divorce Act;
- Antenuptial contracts;
- Domestic violence;
- The law of guardianship;
- Parental rights and obligations;
- Any other matter of a family nature.